Customs clearance services in the U.S.
Don't make your next freight shipment until you have discovered the many reasons why it pays to have it cleared by Universal Logistics USA.
- Fully licensed personnel at the key border crossing point: Buffalo, New York
- Centralized and quick electronic releases on behalf of our clients anywhere in the United States as an approved participant in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Remote Location Filing (RLF) program
- A network of carefully selected associate brokers serving on our behalf across the United States
- Application of Pre-Arrival Processing System (PAPS) to expedite shipment release on arrival
- Fully automated with U.S. Customs via Automated Broker Interface (ABI) to ensure accurate entry accounting
- Member of the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) and the Northern Border Customs Brokers Association (NBCBA)
- Fully certified under Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
You also have the peace of mind that comes with knowing we have seen it all and use that knowledge to expedite a clearance or resolve a compliance issue on those rare occasions when something unforeseen happens.
U.S. customs consulting services
It's time to speak with a customs brokerage consultant at Universal Logistics USA if you think any of the following services would benefit your business:
- Centralized research on product classification and rates of duty under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
- Expert guidance on valuation issues
- Consultation on USMCA/CUSMA origin eligibility; Blanket Certification preparation and renewal management
- Client Tariff Resume: A comprehensive listing of your suppliers, products, tariff classifications and duty rates, developed by bringing together your product knowledge and our customs expertise
- Continuous Surety Bond placement service
- Binding Rulings on tariff, valuation, USMCA/CUSMA and temporary importation eligibility
- Expertise in quota restraints, inspection certificates and import licenses, established through ongoing relationships with other government departments
- Post-entry services, including entry review, protests, voluntary submissions and duty drawbacks
- Consultation on all other areas of U.S. customs brokerage, such as anti-dumping and countervailing duties, product marking and the Modernization Act
Get started today by requesting a SMART Customs Review
Our SMART Customs Review is a free review of selected customs entries over a specific time period, available exclusively from Universal Logistics.
Universal Logistics is a corporate member of the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFFA), the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) and the National Customs Brokers and the Freight Forwarder Association of America (NCBFAA) trading under CIFFA, CSCB and NCBFAA terms and conditions.