The latest semi-annual list of verification priorities for the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has been released.
The list is made up of additional rounds for items that have appeared on previous lists:
- LED Lamps (Round 2) – Heading 85.39
- Furniture for non-domestic purposes (Round 4) – Headings 94.01 and 94.03
- Parts of machines and mechanical appliances (Round 2) – Heading 84.79
- Pickled vegetables (Round 5) – Heading 20.01
- Bags (Round 2) – Heading 42.02
- Spent Fowl (Round 2) – Headings 02.07, 16.01 and 16.02
- Cell phone cases (Round 3) – Headings 39.26, 42.02 and 85.17
When a verification priority has been completed (or additional rounds added due to high levels of non-compliance), the CBSA posts the risk assessment and general verification results. As an example, see below in regards to the misclassification of Pickled vegetables:
With respect to valuation, there is one continued item:
- Apparel (Round 4) – Chapters 61 and 62
For origin, there are no active verification priorities at this time.
CBSA also maintains a historical verification priorities list, which should be reviewed by all importers as they will likely circle back to these reviews in order to ensure compliance.
The next list of priorities is expected in July 2023.
For more information, contact Brian Rowe, Director – Customs Compliance & Regulatory Affairs.
The city’s iconic suspension bridge is
Global Spotlight Quiz