Business practices can vary from country to country, depending on the nation’s culture, religion, education, economics, environment, politics and social norms. For example, you should know:
- In Italy, production facilities often close down for the entire month of August
- In Hong Kong, it is very common to work on Saturdays
- Chinese New Year is observed in February or March
- U.S. Independence Day falls on July 4th, while Canada Day is celebrated on July 1st
- Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated in October; in the U.S. it is celebrated in November .